View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #61
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I love those wires! I really wanted to put colored/ss wires on my 40 but man they get pricey so I bowed down. Haha Very nice gas cap!
It was a pivotal item that made me want this style of open wheel car. Yes definitely was a painful purchase and still somehow around the same price of the Coker tires alone to wrap them with. Being open wheel, I've been spending more than I'd like on some of the steering and brake components.

Still plugging away. Had some set backs recently as hot rodding goes....

Installed steering column. WAY too much angle on the universal joints so I can't turn the wheel without heavy binding. Unfortuunately the only fix is to cut the steering box mount off and reposition it higher. That'll also affect the motor mount location I think... ugh

Installed rear wheel spacers to nudge the tires off the body a bit more. Found out a 1" spacer leaves lug nuts sticking out. I don't know how to fix this problem other than cutting the end off the lugs and getting low profile lug nuts or something.

Pedals are now in and fit well, but my left foot has nowhere to go haha. literally no space next to the brake pedal for my other leg. Problem is that I build the trans tunnel tight against the transmission, but its a 4L80e, so a bit large for this car. Now I'm stuck with having to drive with one leg on the pedal and one leg tucked in. Maybe I'll learn to brake with my left foot?

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote