View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 09:56 AM   #30
Sebambam

Re: Newbie : 69'C10 LWB to Buick 455/Th400

the engine and trans is in!!

for anybody who has the idea of putting a BUICK 455 in a 67-72 C10 i made a bunch of pics to help out with the Guesswork.
( i assume this applies for any BOP 455s)

1st i chose the73-87 Square Body Framemounts/pads i am sure you can fab your own but a great member on here sold me the mounts so i took advantage.

2. then i used the Buicks Engine& motor mounts i had ( mine where out of a Centurion but i guess the Skylark ones work as well.

3 you have to utilize the "BBody" mounting position for the the engine mounts on the Block 2nd and far back hole!

4 utilize as many pre drilled holes on the frame to fit your Frame brackets from frame to Crossmember! ( i had to drill 1 hole on the Frame and 1 on the crossmember to position them where i wanted them)

5 sit the motor+ trans in and LEVEL the engine; position it correct, so that you have a good angle on the trans tail. as well as centered to the rearend
( i used a trans Crossmember from TINWORKS with exhaust routing holes to tuck the exhaust.
ONCE it sits where you want it mark the holes on the frame pads you need to drill.

6 After confiming the position many times and testfitting the cab ( with a lift) for clearance i drilled the holes on the Frame pads/crossmember/frame.
then i installed the Frame brackets 1st with the Motor mounts attached to it.

7 YOU HAVE TO NOTCH THE FRAME FOR THE OIL FILTER CLEARNACE ( get your grinder) then place the engine and be HAPPY
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebambam; 10-30-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Sebambam is offline   Reply With Quote