View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #96
Pullin81

Re: My crewcab 4x4 cummins project

well im going to get back to work on the old truck... friend of mine has a small shop he rented and were gonna split it and get back to the old beer drinkin n car/truck building... i recently sold my 86 short box...pretty much gave it away but now its time to get back at the crew.... i picked up a ratty short box for 200 bucks so i can get the frame chopped... also may as well fit the cut out flares on rusty fenders before i cut up good ones... ill be working on alot of steel fab work for now including a set of steps wheel well to wheel well... also i wanted to put stacks in but opted away from it so i plan on fabbing up a headache rack with 5" stacks built in to it... the point of the build is to be heavy duty... also going to change up the front bumper a little bit...

QUESTION... 4x4 guys what is the minimum shaft length i can use between my transmission and divorced 205... reason being ide like the make the rear drive shaft angles a little less drastic with the big lift...i was tinking on going down to about a 4-5 inch shaft...

looking forward to getting back at the old truck nd all the feedback. it will be a week or two before i get it moved over to the shop ..