Thread: AC Request
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
NC_John

Re: AC Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Does your harness even have a 12v A/C request wire? Trucks after 2002 do not, so it's not that simple.
Well, it may not have the wire in the harness but it will have the input. I updated a cruise control thread you were helping me with- we had to reprogram my truck pcm to that of a 2004 corvette z06 to enable my dbw cruise control- if you recall, the truck program could "see" all the correct cruise control inputs as I triggered them while viewing through a tech I, but didn't know what to do with them as the truck was never offered with my configuration of manual transmission and cruise control. We flashed over the Z06 program and the cruise now works perfectly.

Sooooo....now my Z06 brained pcm has some new interest in what the AC is doing. On the green side, wire 17 is now AC request. I haven't looked at the harness but am doubtful that Speartech has a wire there (PSI has one on theirs). I do however have the parts (pins and related pieces) and did run a spare wire with the harness that I can allocate to the task.

So, still not being completely familiar with the logic side of all this I am needing to know that if I do run a 12v hot signal from the vintage air compressor on signal, will it be enough for the pcm to begin the ac ON section of the program - I think there is a second idle map that it reverts to under the added load. I am not seeing any real problems the way it works now, when the compressor engages, the idle recovers, but the tuner is insistent on me providing him his signal so I'll do it.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote