Thread: AC Request
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
NC_John

Re: AC Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey john. I looked into this also
I am running an e38 ECM. I will have to use the stock pressure switch and wires from pins 12/13/43 (I think). For me this will control cooling the Fans and idle control. Or at least I hope.
The request wire (59 I think)just turns on a relay that went to the compressor. I am going to use the old air product (my ac) binary switch to control the compressor.
But if anyone knows of a single wire that works I want to know as well.
I suspect we have different goals with our projects. I am currently (and successfully) running my vintage air completely independent of the pcm. My fans are controlled by an entropy fan controller setup (which is a pretty slick setup in itself).

My tuner just wants the pcm to know when the ac is on so he can tune around it. Maybe necessary, probably isn't, but if I can do it easily enough and it will make him happy, I'll do it.

He actually wants me to provide the pcm with ALL the factory ac inputs but there is no way I am going through that ordeal. It's completely unnecessary with the vintage air doing the thinking. He's way more versed doing work on the newer stuff and is not as familiar with what's required with a swap.

Sounds like you might be trying to do the ac control through your pcm?

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote