Thread: AC Request
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #9
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: AC Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
I suspect we have different goals with our projects. I am currently (and successfully) running my vintage air completely independent of the pcm. My fans are controlled by an entropy fan controller setup (which is a pretty slick setup in itself).

My tuner just wants the pcm to know when the ac is on so he can tune around it. Maybe necessary, probably isn't, but if I can do it easily enough and it will make him happy, I'll do it.

He actually wants me to provide the pcm with ALL the factory ac inputs but there is no way I am going through that ordeal. It's completely unnecessary with the vintage air doing the thinking. He's way more versed doing work on the newer stuff and is not as familiar with what's required with a swap.

Sounds like you might be trying to do the ac control through your pcm?
Lol, yes you can run a standalone ac but well, the dang pcm just wont know it's on... so your tuner probably does know his stuff. More than likely, he will just tell you, since you couldnt connect the ac system like factory, dont bother me with ac on idle problems.

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote