View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #12
Bustedknuckle

Re: Hood questions Need Help!!!

Wow that thread that was posted was a really good one, now i see whats involved in a conversion, too bad its a little bit out of my skill range. But damn i sure like the looks of that 70 model grill with that converted hood. I hate that the hoods have to be so different. I want a cowl 68 hood so bad but i'd hate to ruin it by tryin to convert it. and I sure hate that I'd have to get a 68 clip to make it fit without modding it. But I'm a lot better at bolting stuff on than I am workin sheet metal. so i guess i'll just wait until a good front clip is available. Unless somebody knows a way to mod the grill and fenders to make the 68 hood work. It almost looks like u could lean the grill forward a bit to make the 68 hood meet up right, but i bet that would leave a nasty gap between the grill and fenders. IDK i'm just thinking out loud. Just some food for thought. I'm all about people finding neat ways to make things work. At one time i was really hot on the idea of shaving my drip rails until i saw how much work it took to make it look good. LOL i changed my mind on that one pretty quick, I started liking my drip rails a lot better. But I appreciate the posts and if anyone else has more knowledge on the subject that would be awesome.
Bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote