Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #164
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well, early last month when i first installed these shocks, measured the front shocks compression travel, took a pic and posted it being 4.25", the rears only gave me 2.75", took a few pics. Then took the shocks back off before i did my test drive.

After my ordeal with BDS i ended up with different rear shocks the BDS engineer came up with, then decided to keep the fronts. Fast forward to today..

With the truck back in the driveway but not exactly the same spot i installed the shocks, on the front one side was 3 7/8", the other was 4 1/8"... Go figure, the rears ended up at 4 1/4.. Guess i'm gonna just hope for the best, and hope the springs don't settle a mass amount. If i have problems and my local shop won't honor their iron clad guarantee then I'll end up filing a complaint with the attorney general.

I also posted a while back that i removed the stabilizer and was going to remount it differently, never got around to it till today, the secondary plan didn't pan out. the problem I'm having is the stabilizer has the threaded steel rods on each end instead of the eye's like the old stabilizer from Rancho. The new mounting bracket for the axle is too large to fit where the Rancho bracket was at, being between the spring and the axle's built in (welded in) stabilizer mount bracket. Every place i look at to mount it leaves a interference problem with the other end that clamps to the tie rod when at full turn. I still have a couple ideas, one being to trim the bracket down to hopefully fit where the Rancho bracket was, but before i try modifying it, i think i'll go find a piece of angle iron and mount it to the original axle stabilizer mount and drill a hole for the end of the stabilizer.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote