View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 09:51 PM   #2150
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Got some parts from Manes Truck Parts this week and from Specialtyretail. I tell you what, I like that Manes Truck Parts place! Twice they have called me. Once to say my Sports Mirrors would be shipped a little late, the other time likely to talk about a email but I couldn't take the call and I figured things out anyways shortly after their call.

From Specialtyretail, I got some of his wipers and some real nice used arms. Once of the first things I ever bought (from LMC) was arms and wipers. One of my arms spring thingy was busted from when I bought the truck. Fast forward less than a year I started to get rust around all the rivets :< Specialtyretail tells I'll get no rust on these

From Manes, I got Sport Mirrors and a new hi-beam foot switch. My foot switch was a little dodgy and sometimes I had to give it a extra tap when going to hi-beams. My Sport Mirrors, the mirror part looked darn brand new but the arms were badly pitted. No more pits! Also, now I can actually adjust them without thinking I'm going to break them off my door (they really didn't want to move).

Also, removed all the darn little foam Hood brace pads and replace them with 3M NVH Dampening Material and man what a difference, nearly all the hood jello jiggling is gone. Just please don't ask me what it cost me to get that applied LOL

PS: RustyPile commented on my pitted mirror arms (offered some similar ones that I could have) but after that replacing them instantly went near the top of my list LOL!
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote