View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #14
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

So, remember the long tube headers? Tossed them in the attic for another project. I ordered a set of hedman headers from Jegs. They're a really beautiful ceramic coated set. To accompany the nice headers I also bought from Borla Pro XS mufflers and a set of high flow catalytic converters from Flowmaster.

My dad and I rented a trailer and loaded up the truck, we left home the next morning at about 6 AM and headed to Danville KY about an hour away for a local muffler shop that had been there for years. It's what our body shop recommended.

All those new parts looked really good on the lift! They had the pipes done in about 2 hours and it was reasonably priced. We could finally hear what Blue had to say for itself with the new true duals.

The verdict? Nothing that sounded good. Lots of tick tick tick ticking. We later found out this was because of the tin inside of the transmission bellhousing. It was designed for a one piece rear main and it was making contact on my block. We trimmed off the excess when we got home and Blue sounded pretty good!
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote