View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:00 AM   #37
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Easy way to remove motor and trans from donor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
I recall years ago I went to Pick N Pull by myself to pull my first engine, I was planning to call my buddies to come help me later on, I got there and picked a Tahoe in the middle of 5 fresh new cars, two on one side and two on the other, the time was 9 am

a crew of 3 guys showed up next to me, they knew what they were doing, by 11 am I had everything loosened up ready for extraction, meanwhile these guys were yanking their fourth motor and transmission combo, no joke, no lie

this is how they did it, one guy went from the top in the engine bay and cut all the belts and hoses and disconnected the wiring harness the second guy went under the trucks and disconnected the driveshaft and the transmission crossmember etc, the third had a saws all and literally cut the front subframe off the trucks on either side and the whole front clip came crashing forward, and then they hoisted the engines out of the carcasses, in California they cut out the catalytic converters so the exhaust was already taken care of and cut off
u know, I just watched a guy on YouTube do the same thing...cut the whole frame behind the motor. I mean, I guess it saves u a few minutes but I don't see why people do that

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote