Thread: Window felt
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 02:28 PM   #5
ShinyC10

Re: Window felt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac1976 View Post
Have you made sure that all the rollers in good shape lubed all the rollers and tracks then make sure to adjust track so that the window move smooth.
I assume you have power do you have dual relays trick on the window motors. First do you have the right yrs. rubbers and yrs. door trim rubber as a set matched yr. (80-79 glass thicker, 81-87 glass thinner) Or does any of the window rubber bulge more into the window side flaw or is there and old rubber or dirt build up anywhere. New seal will be snug. silicone, or something on the inner glass edge may help.
Everything is new on the door besides glass. Everything should be correct as far as year specific. Power windows with autoloc one touch up/down module. They move quick without the felt installed. I have had the windows rolled all the way up for a month or so now hoping it will form to the felt a little. Might add a little bit of heat to see if I can soften the rubbers up a little. I’ve put silicon spray in the channels too. We’ll see when I get it going again. Will update soon
ShinyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote