View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
logansdad

Re: 1972 Kid Carrier Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS1 View Post
I don't thnk GVs sucks, but I'm building the same truck you are - kid hauler, reliable, comfy inside. My 350 runs great, so I have a hard time spending $$ on a new engine, so I'm gonna spend it now on interior. Climate control will clearly be the biggest issue, but I haven't heard a great solution yet. I will get FI on it at some point though, just not sure how yet.

What are you planning for seats and climate control?
Posted via Mobile Device
Seats- I'm keeping the back and middle seats and recovering them with a black leather suede combo. The back seat will need to be narrowed b/c of the tub, and the brackets removed to lay flat on the new floor height. As far as the front seats I would love to have some escalade buckets with console.

Climate control-I have two options

Option 1- have two seperate units using one condersor and compressor. Located under dash and in spare tire location in back. the back a.c. would have vents located in roof. Old air products gave me this Look at part number CAP-7211-I for the front unit and IP-2000T or IP-2005T for the rear unit. I would rather have a digital controller

Option 2- Have one a.c. system and run vents in floor to back seat locations.
logansdad is offline   Reply With Quote