View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 08:43 PM   #12
dieseldawg142

Re: Those dreaded words

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I have a different outlook on giving the government an interest-free loan every year, then getting a fat return. I see it as an interest-free savings account and the interest a savings account with a bank yields is nothing to get excited about. The government uses our money to operate our nation, then gives it back. I guarantee, if everyone stopped this practice the government would come up with other ways to get that money, like raising taxes. Many would not save the amount of their return in a year. Since the return feels like a windfall, it boosts our economy since most feel pretty free about spending that money. The tend to buy bigger ticket items they'd have a hard time gathering the money for. It's how this country has been running since before any of us were born
that's how i see it, a big fat return.
with how complicated the tax systems are, pretty tough to come out even-steven with the gov every yr.
believe it or not i don't mind paying taxes, not all of them but it is what it is, but what i do not want is to owe more to the gov in the spring. for the past 40 or so yrs i have the secretaries at work take an extra $50 off every pay. my paycheck is roughly around $2500 every 2 weeks, so i don't miss that 50.
and $50 times 26 checks per yr is about 1300. i consistently get back 1500-2500 every yr, so i actually see it as a cheap investment..
wife did our taxes a couple weeks ago, just waiting for my big fat refund check for $1900, which among other things will be getting me a new set of 285 M/T's for my new truck. didn't have to budget for them, save money or pay a bit here and there- free money that don't come out of our household budget
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote