View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #39
factorystock

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
"truck bashing" here is frowned upon. It's just not what this site's all about. If you see something that's not "your taste" just move on.
Does not sound like bashing to me. The topic of this thread was "most original 60-66 trucks in existance". oem4me was just pointing out what was not original. The term "original" has been watered down so much that people lose sight of what is correct and not correct. I will say it is very hard to find a 100% period correct vehicle today, many have deviations from the factory for "personal taste" reasons. Even the 12K light blue tu tone 66 longbed had the original western mirrors removed (notice the 2 holes on top of the vent post in door) and a chrome passenger car mirror was installed. This thread is the chance to get it right for reference reasons, historical reasons and for new members to learn how the factory put them together. The turquiose '66 C 10, and the black 65 C 10 are excellent examples on this thread on the way these trucks were built. The rally wheels (post 1973) deviation is very typical in this era.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote