View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 11:51 PM   #21
SCOTI

Re: Need little bag over axle advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
ok i guess i will hold off on the rear and get my motor and trans dropped in...been itching to do it for a while now anyways.

i have been flipping through the forums about pinion angles all day. from what i have read, the longer the truck the less pinion problems people seem to have. im hoping this is the case with me since mine is a suburban. if i can get away with just moving my bag mounts around i would be perfectly ok with that. or even using degree shims to help. its just weird though because i always flip through peoples builds and not too many seems to mention any of this stuff lol. especially the suburban ones.

what i dont get though, is if do use the adjustable TA brackets, the front mounting moves up. wouldnt that rotate the axle back, which would point the yoke even further up? i have a hard time understanding this...
With the T/A set-up, the lower the front mounting point goes vs the rear axle/s height @ axle centerline, the more the pinion angle drops because of the fixed position of the housing on the arms.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote