View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #30
53Sparky

Wink Re: Rust Therapy - 62 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's been a little over 11 years since mine passed.

You have a very nice truck to work with and a great plan followed by some excellent work. I would definitely recommend going with a 5 speed of some sort. IMO it will make the truck more enjoyable to drive since the rear gears are more than likely 3.90's.
Thanks. It's been more than a year now for me. I know I won't ever forget him. I'm noticing that as time passes, I'm starting to be able to remember the good times again, instead of the year of hospital crap we went through.

I'm actually shopping CL and the local yards for a T-56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew21 View Post
Sorry to hear about your Dad. It looks like you found a great truck to start with. Keep up the great work and keep posting updates.
Thanks! I've seen other builds where the whole truck is rotted out and they still are able to pull off a restoration. Mine's not that far gone, so I should be able to end up with a decent result even with my limited skill set. I promise I'll post updates as I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pass View Post
Looks good....
I also lost my father this year to cancer and a very close friend also passed away un-expectantly. I also found myself in the shop finishing my 62 build clearing my head.
Sometimes life puts things in perspective and reminds us to be better people...I'm glad to see this thread and will follow along with admiration...Take care
Thanks, Joe. I'm sorry for your loss. The shop time is where I get to be alone with my thoughts and emotions, and work through it. I'm not much for talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte's62 View Post
Sparky, sorry to hear about your Dad. Keep plugging in his honor. You have a nice truck and I look forward to the build. BTW, I like you cab removal system...very nice.
Thanks for your thoughts. You use whatcha got, huh? I'm just glad I'm not working out of a single car garage or in my back yard. We're not an automotive shop at all; we do staging and production for concerts and festivals. As the owner of the company, I claimed a spot in the shop. Gives me something to do on the slow days. At least there's heat in here, and I can store it without tripping over it.

Numbers 6:24-26
53Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote