View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #44
jdb_us1

Re: 1990 GMC crew cab build

It is still alive. I have been picking away at this monster and I am proud to say she is back on all four wheels and rolls. Time is a premium now, we listed our house for sale on Tuesday on a whim with a seemingly high asking price, by friday we had a full asking price offer. Oops, no we need to find a suitable replacement.

After putting some time in as available I am getting closer and closer. Seems as thought the clutch master cylinder is shot so I cant move it under it own power yet.

My next move is to weld the rear spring perches back on and I have a few questions that I can use your help on. Perch spacing is first: what kind of gap should I have between the rear spring and the inside edge of the drum? I measure 3.5".

Pinion angle: If my transfer case out put is -8 degrees of off level, and I assume that pro chassis builders know what they are talking about when they say they recommend 6-7 degrees of difference between the pinion and output shaft I should set my rear pinion angle at -1 degree off level. Sound right? I will talk to my driveshaft guy Monday but wanted to try to get a consensus from you guys.

I will hopefully get to take some pics tomorrow in the daylight to show the progress.

Thanks for the input!