View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

my radical 60 build

Those of you that have seen my posts know that I tend to like things a little radical.
this is a 1961 chev 3/4 ton cab that I was able to save from the crusher-45+ of his brothers died on 01/05/08-RIP
I was inspired by the pink freak <--in my avatar-, they used a 61 chrysler front clip, and it almost looked like it was built for the truck from the factory.
I didn't want to do an outright copy though, and while surfing the net I saw a 61 plymouth SW push car, and decided that had the right lines to graft on and looked neat.The crusher yard just happened to have 1-only one-, so I was able to get the front sheet metal as well.
As you can see in the interior and passenger side shot some mice had taken up residence in the cowl vent- they wrecked havoc on those parts rusting them clean through.
I hadnt even noticed the rust in the roof until I was inside undoing the ebrake... so I rushed back through the yard, and found a spare BBW roof on a cab that I had previously rejected due to floor rust and a telephone pole mark in the rocker.
So here start the pics:
when I brought it home 12/23/07-

WELL ISN'T THIS CRAZY- this machine wont up load my photos, I will try again later, and in the meantime check out the pic in my profile.........

Last edited by jonzcustomshop; 09-02-2008 at 08:47 AM.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote