View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #842
FirstOwner69

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Not 100% sure on the Titling System in the USA and know it changes from State to State but wouldn't that truck be a one owner, it doesn't say that, and if so shouldn't it still have the original title in the first owners name. Some things on that truck scream 600 miles and some don't like the chips on the bottom on the passenger door which I'm pretty sure are from the seat belt buckle hitting the door when unclipped and returning the the holder. I mean in 600 miles how times was a passenger in the truck.

The title I see in the pics is dated 2/16/73. The truck was probably a left over 1972. Am I missing something?

Regardless, it is very possible that the title would bear a later date. For example, I'm the first owner of my '69. I bought and titled it in California in 1969. I moved to Wisconsin in 1971. It was then titled there. In 1989, I decided to get collector plates which required retitling it. So, the current Wisconsin title is dated 01/31/89.
Like an idiot I didn't make copies of the first titles, but I have paperwork, etc. that proves I am owner one.

The truck in question "sat in a barn in Wisconsin for 40 years and was hardly driven" according to the ad. It is now for sale in South Dakota by a dealer. In my experience, dealers are not normally issued titles. They just hold onto the previous owner's title signed over to them until the vehicle is sold to the next owner.

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 04-02-2021 at 06:59 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote