View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #97
IronDougal

Re: Operation 1950 Burn Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Chevy LS3 View Post
Man, you do excellent work. Your pretty six-banger almost makes me wish I had went with my 235. Almost. Keep up the good work, and the updates.
Are the torque thrust wheels in the last few pics. the wheels you intend to use?
I'm curious what the outer measurement is, side to side? I think you said they are 17X8, w/ 4.75 backspace?

I bet that COE you pictured is a real back-slapper to drive.

Hey bud,
Thanks so much for the kind words. Just trying to take my bosses vision and run with it. With a little bit of my own touches.
The latest image with the Classic torque thrusts are some 16' Trans Am race wheels. The 17' Torque thrust wheels with the black centers were some roll around wheels. Then the other set of Torque's with the grey centers are going on my Trans Am. I was just playing around with different setups.

Classic Trans Am race wheels: 16x8

My Trans Am:

I was just playing around with different setups.
Here is an image of what we are working towards. I found this on the 47-59 Chevy forum on FaceBook. Not sure who's truck, but it is our vision also. The 15 x 7' Chevy ralley's powder coated red to match the frame. Chrome centers with the classic "Chevrolet" script. And big A$$ white walls.

We will not have bumpers.

I would love to Have\Drive that COE wrecker. I bet it would be sweet.
This 235 is good lookin, but will be lacking much horsepower. But it is about style. It won't be a daily driver. Mostly car show and cruzing.

Thanks again. This build has brought so much enjoyment.
IronDougal is offline   Reply With Quote