View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Ultra Family and Hauler Mobile

Ok, time for some updating to this thread. While Ryanroo's fan shroud is awesome, I don't have the means to weld aluminum right now. So I opted for a more factory appearing method which I could complete. I cut the factory V10 fan shroud, and another donor shroud, and built a new to it shroud by plastic welding it all together. It isn't perfect, but I can't spend a lot of time making it perfect as I need to get this thing running ASAP.

Upper radiator hose modified and installed.

Fan Shroud Building

Once I got the fan shroud finished, I moved on to building the lower water inlet. I didn't want 6 different hoses and 12 hose clamps, so I built this pipe and it will use a 90* hose up top and a straight hose on the bottom.

Next I moved on to the down pipe. I wasn't happy with how the S300 compressor cover sat on the exhaust manifold, or darn near it. The waste gate was also really close to the HVAC box. So I drilled the holes out on a T3 spacer I aquired from my friend Ryanroo. Thanks buddy! Next I used some 4" 90* pipe bends and an expensive HX40 outlet flange, and built the down pipe.

I also got my power steering lines modified and installed. I got the 3:55 ring gear installed on the 4:30 carrier, ran the exhaust, installed the oil presser sender and the coolant temp sensor, installed the Tcase, ran the tranny cooler lines and hooked them up, and cleaned and painted the fan shroud.

The next jobs to do are:

Install new to it pinion and set up rear diff

Remove yoke from dodge donor rear drive shaft and install on tcase and measure for new rear shaft

Get exhaust hangers and install them, then install exhaust clamps, paint down pipe

Clean fuel tank and install pick up tube

Run fuel lines and install fuel filter housing

Build throttle bracket and reposition speed control unit

Modify the ford engine harness and eliminate un needed wiring

Rebuild turbo, paint exhaust manifold, drill for pyro

Install Pyro, Boost, and trans temp gauges

Add fluids, flush cooling system before fill up, plug in block heater and retorque head bolts before fire up, then recheck the over head

Figure out a/c lines and get them going, purchase new receiver/drier,

Finish grind CAC tubes and paint them, install a/c condensor and new a/c comp

Build Air Filter Inlet Pipe

Purchase Voltage Reg and install it

Hopefully this list can get smaller soon.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote