View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #1
Warren

starter motor question

So for the first time in 18 years the truck didnt start, I got dash lights but didnt turn over. I tapped the starter motor and it started instantly as always. Did my day start stop number of times then today sort of turned over then same as yesterday. Did the tap dance thing and nothing.

Thought okay ill take the starter out. Truck has headers so it becomes and adventure. Could hardly find it and taking them off wont happen as they have a mcgiver set up as the regular plates that bolt them up to the exhaust were not there. I was able to push hard enough on the trans lines to get the starter motor out.

Right away I find one green wire off but looking closelly I see no where that it came off. My guess is its a start lock out as the truck will start in gear. Is that possible if so not a concern now.

I see a crack in the solenoid and not sure if that was there or I might have done that. Being under it with not enough room headers in the way and the weight of the motor not the easiest.

Here is what I have before I cleaned it showing the wiring routing and that red wire was pulled pretty tight across the left terminal. Cleaned up then re routed it to make it a bit easier to work. Still got the nothing when I turned the key. Did not tap the solenoid and should have I guess. can someone explain the wiring to me. Really needed the truck today so stuck now.

How do you insert an image on this site? I clic on the box to put an image in and it shows a URL ???? most sites let you browse your folders, am I missing something.

thanks
'
w
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote