View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:07 PM   #10
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Any one experiened what a new reroofing costs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
Any one experienced what a new reroofing costs ?
sure have, but it only cost me about 3 grand to re-roof my house as it's my trade.
the price is not so much covid, welcome to oil company greed...
in the last few yrs our material costs have skyrocketed, as pretty much all our materials are petro based. with the price of fuel going up all the time our suppliers are telling us to not put estimates out for more than a month or so cause they don't know if they can honor the prices that long.
and ya, there are apps, but no good roofer will give a price without going up on the roof. there is just too many variables for a price, and it gives the roofer an idea if there is any rot or "special" details.
you wouldn't believe how many people think we can just give a price over the phone.
want a rough breakdown of the price?
looking at roughly $7000 for your materials, and less than a grand for tipping fees for disposal. not being from your area and knowing your labor costs that leaves the rest for labor and profit. your paying around $400 a sq for your roof, which is about average for a single layer tear-off
despite the price remember this, the value of the roof is about 5% of the cost of your house, but it covers 100% of your investment...
I don’t know how big your roof is but, $3000 doesn’t sound like a lot of money to re roof your house.
I typically don’t comment of the price of things. I strongly believe a man is worthy of his wages.

I would agree that covid is not the reason everything is extremely high.. it’s not just gas/petroleum. I’d suggest that it’s not just greed from oil companies. I remember ships sitting in the ocean with cargo onboard for long periods of time.
I also remember I was one of the very few guys in my trade that was able to continue to work.
It wasn’t the greedy oil companies that shut them down.
It was the greed of power.
There has been a lot of dopeyness going on for a few years now and I’m not talking just about “covid” since you brought it up.
I don’t want to pretend it’s all on the oil companies.