View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:08 PM   #1029
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Sleepless nights.........

Usually work or backache causes it.

Not last night.

Observation within minutes of posting on an S10 group on FB and showing mate @craigrk summarised below.

Had me wonder whether I would get it sorted.

Woke to this....

Photo taken while @pauly and I spoke with him herding his wild bunch over a muddy field

Day job kept me busy from before 08.00

Been thinking also where would I find a low level canopy to fit the truck.... something like this.

Around 11.00 I made a coffee and took it out to the truck.

Headlights fitted.

BUT..........

Wrongly placed, will need to go redo them tomorrow. Missed a side tab that would seat them fully squarely.

So with the drivers side light refitted and the passenger side still to be done, it became obvious how wrong it was.

Challenge if course was to get too lower tabs in, and push the two tabs through the holes in the front panel and slide home the two sliding retainers

Note the space, battery clamped in place......

So how do you get dozen into this slot without removing the battery?

Using the handle of a long steel fork, I twisted it so push/force the wiring and its sheath away, then gripping in a death grip with some extra long rat nosed pliers, I slipped the hole over the pin and then slid the slot down it. Home dry.

Job done, much happier, I think.

So I had to wait for the new battery to be delivered, then I could test the lights up front.

I also got onto another small repair job.

Specifically a redneck repair.

Unlikely to be guessed.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote