View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #1037
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So many things on this truck, which really was meant to just be a get in and drive it type of ownership project has changed.

Typically things changed.

And then, little by little it started to open itself up to me, allowing me to discover its secrets, its quirks, its character, ZQ8 factory build.

Things have kinda fallen in place, sure, I made some effort too, in fact I probably made a lot of effort in some cases.

And one of the things that happened so randomly was being offered for sale, a 20 year old set of factory ZQ8 wheels with tyres.

I never got to see them and still have not looked at them for real, but was told by Steve the seller that they did not have any kerb rash.

That I will check out when I get to wash and clean them for inspection possibly tomorrow.

With the current restrictions of travel, I had anticipated only getting my hands on them at some point when the house arrest is lifted.

Step up mate Martin who is restoring a 1965 C10 truck

His day job is working and converting all sorts of cars for disabled people, from paraplegics to amputees and everything inbetween

Today he had a job up the street from Steve, so by 09.00 he had already stopped, picked up and driven off with the wheels.

Always good to have a mobile job with a van.

Loaded.

Steve also sent me a very good GMC S15 Sonoma Grille to use as a garage hanging.

After work I shot out for food shopping and stopped by to pick up my goodies and help Martin lift his 65 hood into place as he is moving house in the next two weeks.

Again, sensibly he had prepared it all by the time I got there.

The hood is LARGE, really lARGE.

Job done.

And wheels loaded.

Looking closer, but not fully inspected, they will need repainting.

So QUESTION TIME........

Powder coating, anyone do me shadow chrome on any wheels before ?

Please show me and report on durability etc.

One for a few of the guys, @pauly included, is the replacement, swapped out, 20 year old rear light lenses.

They will be getting some serious attention from G3 rubbing compound to revitalise and shine up the lenses.

Also in the bag were the good centre caps for the wheels, GMC items, unfortunately, available to trade for good Chevrolet items.

A few wheel nut covers in plastic, need another 10 of them, and also 20 special wheel nuts with an external thread for the wheel nut caps, they in turn hold the centre caps in place.

Lastly........

The BONUS item

A spare gear shift lever from Steve’s truck, which will be a floor shift manual in future.

I wanted one that I could modify, while retaining the original for refitting if ever needed.

And to close out the day, a nice sunset again.

Life is good, I may have mentioned this before.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote