Thread: 47-55.1 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 11:31 PM   #15
joedoh

Re: 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum

one of the requests i get for kits is to NOT use the factory s10 bushings. some guys are happy with hockey pucks, some with NOTHING, just rattling their fillings without even a slip of rubber (which only works if you can isolate the bolt from the mount, which is harder than you think). but i get the request enough, and stocking two sku is detrimental to the "keep the costs down" mantra I have printed on the wall. or rather, I WOULD have printed on the wall if it didnt cost money to print things on the wall. so I redesigned the mounts so that they have a removable section to use the factory rubbers, or a slot to use their own rubbers.

I also get a lot of comments about the running board mounts, I thought guys would appreciate the universal nature and adaptability. one of the problems with putting a truck together that has been in a field 60 of the last 80 years is that sometimes the mounts are all boogered up, so I made a mount that could be installed at any point on the board, not needing the little stands on the bottom of the board if they happen to be gone, not even needing the legs I make if you have some 1.5x1 rectangle. but more people want a "slot a, tab b" application. and I get it! I love when stuff is figured out for me too. so I made the running board mount an integral part of the cab mount instead.

so front and rear cab stands changed, using the original weld on part and adding a second part to weld to the frame that has an integral running board mount on it. just clamped on for now, but exactly right for the cab mount holes and for the running boards. cab and boards installed in less than a 1/2 hr, well 2/3rd of the boards. ingore my quicky "lets mock this up" welds haha. more tomorrow.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote