View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 11:04 PM   #64
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Was super fortunate to be able to make it through my training in North Texas. Was able to graduate on of the 5 original students out of 24. So meant alot to be able to knock that out and be able to move on to the next school.

Whats really funny is that means I get to bring the truck right back full circle to where I picked it up. Drove 6 hours to my folks place today and loaded it up and hoping to be in Florida with it tomorrow.

One of the first things I want to address is getting new lug nuts for the wheels. I think the ones on there are too skinny. They are 12x1.5 and the recommended size for Torque Thrust wheels is the 1/2x20 or 14mm size. So I'm going to get the 1/2x20 and some new wheel adapters. (Adapters because the wheels are 5x4.5 and as you know the truck is 5x5) I would prefer to have 5x5 wheels but I have this setup and want to use it.

After i get the lug nut situation fixed (which I hope will keep the wheel falling off issue from ever happening again; although I still think they were loose because someone tried to steal them when it was being transported) I think I'm going to get a wider wheel setup. Then drive it, work on a few little things that are still wrong and then try and source some new doors and new rear leaf springs.

First things first. Lets get to Florida tomorrow.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote