View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
Grumpus Monkus

Re: Our 81 C20 build begins

So things are starting to move along.......
As I posted in another thread the tranny died earlier this week. We are going to stick with the TH350 instead of going w/ a 400, 700R4, etc... My sons and I have been slowly dismantling the engine compartment this week to pull the engine and trans out. We have been labeling every nut, bolt, screw, wire and hose that has been disconnected or removed.

We are pulling both trans and engine because it saves us 250.00 if the shop doesn't have to pull the trans out, the engine oil pan has front and rear oil leaks, and I wanted to clean the engine compartment up. There is crappy wiring to deal with and some rust spots that need to be addressed as well.

I would like to see about putting in a new wiring harness while the engine is out, painting the engine compartment, and some other maintenance items while everything is out. Trans shop said it will be about 10 days before they get the trans done after I drop it off because of their current workload.

Any thoughts on what are "must do" and "should do" tasks while it's gutted? As for the wiring harness I believe I am looking at 350 - 400 for that alone, and since I haven't won the lotto yet there is a dollar amount to what I can put into the truck at one time.

I will try to get some pictures posted ASAP, and had hoped to with this post but my Iphone and computer don't want to talk to each other at the moment.

My adult supervision:

Thanks for any input.

1981 C20 350ci TH350 LWB Edelbrock Carb

Last edited by Grumpus Monkus; 03-19-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Seriously hating my Sony Vaio and windows 8
Grumpus Monkus is offline   Reply With Quote