View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:07 AM   #38
wickedred

Re: Flat-Out Engineering front end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
I thought he did it simply to lower the center of gravity and shift the weight bias more toward the rear. He made is sound like he had to do it, but moving the front suspension back didn't really do anything either.

Whatever people want I guess. My truck is just a cruiser. I didn't expect to have to re-engineer the whole chassis to make the front end work. The Gen 5 engine was going to be hard enough to make work.
Pretty sure he had a SBC in there before, not 100% sure. He stated in the video that when he switched the LS engine he had to set the engine back. Once again I am not 100% sure. When I talked to Don on FB messenger and on the phone he said it wasn't required.

My biggest kick with my truck is not wanting the engine sitting up high in the engine bay. That alone make pinion angles an nightmare.

At the end of the day I will do what is needed to make it work. I will document it all with pics and video. Hopefully once I get started on it I will find it is a suitable combination.

1971 C10. Auto Cross/Pro Touring Build. Project : I am gonna go broke with this one.

1970 Chevy LWB 4x4. 355, 4spd, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, 35x12.50 tires... STOLEN

I will put a Turbo on anything with an engine if the $$$ is right. Once upon a time....
wickedred is offline   Reply With Quote