View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #11
Paul Y

Re: Body Mounts. Energy Suspension or standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
Poly doesn't want to move in two different directions. In a front control arm, the forward and rearward pivots are in line with each other, so poly works fine there.

In the trailing arms, the left and right arm pivots are in line with each other, so they -will- introduce bind, but whether, at such a long length, and such a subtle angle difference, and such a limited amount of rotation, it is enough misalignment to cause a problem remains to be seen.

I did buy poly trailing arm bushings for me '61, fully knowing this. I'll try it.

I fabricated a new panhard with poly ends, and it was binding problem for sure - I switched to rod ends.

My '61 has full poly front suspension and full poly motor mounts too. It has not been driven yet, so I might hate it still.

My '77 C10 daily has full poly front and rear suspension, poly cab mounts, poly sway bar bits, and fully poly motor mounts. The truck also has 1-ton coils and Big 10 leafs. The cab mounts made the worst change to NVH.
Skinny thanks for the analysis.

In my younger days I ran a fully rose jointed 911 street/track car and revelled in the lack of compliance and directness of the chassis. Now I think would want to shoot myself.....

Tried Rock Auto for the cab bushings but they only stock the Poly versions - any body got a recommendation for who to buy from?

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote