View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #16
Paul Y

Re: Body Mounts. Energy Suspension or standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
No problem. Though I did edit my post to say the trailing arm pivots are NOT inline with each other (which is why they will bind).

I've been seriously considering changing my '77 back to rubber cab mounts. Nobody seems to have them in stock, if they list them at all.

I did have to weld metal into the cab frame mounts on the '61 as one (only one) had rotted through completely. My '77 was solid.
Saw the edit.

Its a difficult one to decide which route to go as there is conflicting advice across the internet and, without being able to do a like for like/back to back comparison, I am not sure there is a right or wrong answer.

As most of us building trucks take several years from taking them off the road to re emerging, like a beautiful butterfly from a chrysalis, the previous 'feel' of the truck - pre mods- is a distant memory so this makes it even harder....

The decision on which route to go could actually have been made for me as there are no rubber mounts available anywhere... Good job my brother in law is a dentist....

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote