View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #98
Bluegoose972

Re: New Life for an Old Goose

ONPMAN...To address some of your questions:

1. With the six inches of lift and 36' what is your overall height to top of the windshield frame? ( Will it fit in your garage without airing down the tires? )

I'll try and get the measurement tonight. I barely fit. With the bikini top on, I rub on the rubber trim around the door. My driveway is on an incline, which helps for the rollcage to clear before the rear tires jump up onto the slab for the garage....You know your tight when that occurs.

2. How much did the weight of the bumpers affect overall ride height?
I really have no idea. Everything was done in stages and I never measured the height without the bumpers in position. I'd guess that the overall height dropped about an inch, after both bumpers were installed and the spare tire was mounted (close to 100# for the spare alone)

3.Did you start with a S@W six point cage and modify from there or did you start with an eight point cage?
Started with one of their eight point cages. Actually ended up with several extra bars. I just used the pieces I wanted then discarded the rest. If I was going to be doing any real 4 wheeling, I'd probably add some gussets and some additonal cross bracing as an added measure of safety.
Bluegoose972 is offline   Reply With Quote