View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #41
HO455
Post Whore

Re: C/L Burb finds, post here!

64 3 door panel a period looking aftermarket work truck conversion $9500. Not mine but if it solid worth the money for a rare and cool rig. This style of second row doors look far better on this year than on the earlier and later models.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/...302967781.html

64 GMC 2500 3 door 1 Ton Suburban Custom.

305E GMC V6 engine, 305 cubic inch, 165 hp 280 ft. lbs. torque, 4 speed transmission. GMC's hard working low rpm high torque light truck engine of the era. Recent tune up and valve adjustment. Runs extremely well with no knocks, leaks, smoke or unusual sounds. Tight 2 1/2" dual exhaust system. Good oil pressure. Electric fuel pump. Manual steering and brakes. Has Delco 20DN alternator.

It appears the rig was sold new to the Colville Indian Reservation and converted to an emergency vehicle by Novelty Carriage Works in Spokane, WA. (in business for 100 years!) It also spent time in Idaho and years in Las Vegas, all dry climates so the body is rust free with only surface rust on the frame and suspension.

Preliminary body work has been done, filling holes where emergency lights and equipment were located. The right front fender has been replaced at some point in the past and it has a small bondo job from an injury to the left rear quarter. All doors match up and operate well. The windshield is cracked, all other glass is OK. There are various screw holes through out the interior where emergency equipment was mounted. The rear deck is solid and not rotted out. The heater core must have leaked at some point because the heater has been removed but the heater box comes with as well as some other misc. parts.

I pulled the differential and inspected bearings, cleaned and tightened and installed a new pinion seal. New rear shocks and brake lines. New wipers and wiper switch. New mirrors. New GPS speedometer. The rig is on 7X16
Accuride 8 lug wheels with LT245/75R16 tires that look to be about 50%. Has tow hooks front and rear and a receiver hitch. Comes with clean title and maintenance manuals.

Starts, runs, drives, stops. A solid blank slate for your project. Street rod, resto, rat rod or haul your firewood.
Thanks for looking. $9,500. cash, no checks, no trades, no BS. DO NOT TRY TO TEXT ME !! Calls or message through Craigslist only. No text will be answered, period
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote