View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 02:00 PM   #30
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
wow
just don't understand the negativity of americans towards ev's. especially as gearheads, how can you not like something that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds?
not saying you have to buy or like an ev, but their not being shoved down anybody's throat, you can buy an ice car anytime, anywhere. they have their place, just as ice cars have there's.
as a owner and lover of a bbc, i wish they would sell more ev's, if enough get sold, gas loses it's value and the price comes down-simple economics.
for the majority of trips people make everyday (100 miles or less) ev's are fine, want to go further, drive your ice car. i see ev's as a good complement to ice cars, not a replacement
although ev sales are not that great in the us, they are selling very good in the rest of the world, which again, means 20 million less cars today buying gas, meaning more gas for those of us that drive 5 mpg bbc's
i'm not going to debate driving range, battery life or how much pollution is created making ev's cause ice cars are just as if not more dirty, i just don't see the reason for all the negativity, as before, don't like em, don't buy one-easy peasy.
would i buy an ev car? no, i haven't owned a car in close to 40 yrs, i'm a truck guy. but if i had enough money, i would definitely have an ev hummer parked next to the 454 crewcab in my driveway.

I don’t care if it goes 0-60 in a nano second… I’m a life long gear head and EV’s lack overall style and any real cool factor that appeals to me. They are not practical or functional for the area of the USA I live in. Just to get to the nearest large scale airport for example is a 400 mile round trip, with basically no human civilization between point A and B.

You see my Canadian friend, the reason for the distaste of EV’s for the majority of us who don’t want them here in the US starts from our founding, we have a clear history of not liking it when our govt overreaches. This has happened with EV’s on a large scale. If you chose to ignore that I’m happy for you. Apparently there’s still enough red blooded Americans here to let the market decide… for now any way. I do certainly agree they have there place, but not as the ONLY future option we are presented with, which is very much the current plan if you pay attention. Wind and solar ain’t generating the extra power needed for all the charging and the US has been downsizing coal fire plants left and right over the last several years, one of which is less than 5 miles from my house actually. I’ll keep my big ass choppy cam, and have a side of classic American style (or on the case of my 2010 Camaro SS, American and Canadian style), anyone else who wants an EV can gladly have my share of the supply.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0