View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
truckeez

Re: Lets see your truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURSED GEARS View Post
Home built frame.
Heres some pics of my diabolical plann First pic is a 35-40 ford frame its got the right drop for the fenderless rod. The second pic is of a C% vette front crossmember assembly jig. if you look closely the vette aluminum engine cradle is sandwitched between and the lower a arm thru bolts are there --the upper a arm mounting bolts ar on the outside uprights. Now i cut the fixture in half and removed approx 6" and slipped one size smaller tube inside and can adjust it and make a crossmember for any track width from 37 to 43".

the copy machine composite cab pic is what my cab will look like, with a 4" front and rear chop--(some like to take out the extra 1/2 " on the front of these cabs). The rear wall is bumped back about another 3 1/2". I hope to have composite panels --The roof and backwall Done and avalable by june for guys that dont want to cut up two cabs and do a lot of welding to get their cab to this point. If I also do a cowl--The 3/8 bead going around the side and top front edge will be smoothed off,

and guys could go thru their states procedure and get a replica vehicle title,

instead of the regular steel cowl--broadway title BECAUSE these are often found with no number tag to go by/ and they often went by engine serial # or chassis # in some states and they automatically make you got to the govt employed (state dmv)inspector and get a vin assigned to you anyway.
Attached Images

Last edited by truckeez; 01-29-2011 at 04:48 PM.
truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote