View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 09:35 PM   #11
hugger6933

Re: Quick paint question

The recoat window closes pretty quick on the epoxy primer I normally go ahead and coat with high build after the epoxy dries usually the next day either way [any ] way you go you should keep it out of the weather if you can but I do have primered parts out side my self now. I always recoat weather it is just epoxy primer or high build if it has sat any good length of time, I will sand 180-220 grit then two more coats of high build. Also, any time you put spray can primer on a truck[or toolbox even] I would take it back off and reapply a primer designed for auto use in a paint world. I'm sure that there are tons of paint jobs that have spray can primer under them but why take that chance when your spending what could be a goodly amount of money to buy all the stuff needed to paint one. I love Omni[PPG] and love the omni pro line of paints[or is it omniplus?] I cant ever remember but either way it is great stuff you can feel the diff between the regular omni and the pro just by shaking the can. Or at least I can tell the diff by feeling without looking at the cans. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote