Thread: OBDii connector
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #12
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: OBDii connector

I understand, if you are frustrated, what do you think I am... I have the 2013 engine diagrams & I had the obd2 port connected as you indicate and as described in the factory DLC port diagram (pins 6 & 14) as shown, but when I had the HP tuners (friend's laptop) plugged in, the ECM was not being turned on/ recognized?? I have looked on the internet and have found the information as detailed in earlier posts... the latest I have found was what I currently have connected (pins 2 & 10 for the data wires: 2500 & 2501). I am asking on here in hopes that someone else who has done a LS swap with a similar engine (2010 or newer) WITHOUT using a aftermarket harness might be able to help me, as well as I am hoping that the information I find out and works might help someone else in a similar situation. If you have done this or have past knowledge of what works to get the correct port wiring then please share... it might be helpful to others as well. I am gladly willing to admit that I am NOT a car electrical guru..... I have asked a few helpers of mine that are more knowledgable & they... along with shop owners have indicated they too are not sure why it is not recognizing/turning on the ECM. Unfortunately most people's experience is using a aftermarket harness so this was already pre-wired (why not used is not needed for this discussion). I apologize if I do not know the correct terms or I am not able to describe in correct terms, but like a few other people I am just a average guy trying to build something in the typical home garage.
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote