View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #17
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Moving Recommendations "Red State"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt's72 View Post
Our family is seriously considering leaving NM to live somewhere that shares our same constitutional values. I have a state job here but seeing where we are headed with vaccine mandates which we will not be getting and pre determined future elections. Thinking shortly it will be time to scoot before we have roadblocks on our state borders. Oklahoma is on my mind. Thinking somewhere less humid with fair duck hunting. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Since 2013 when the wife and I moved here to this red state of Idaho there has been right at 250,000 adults move to this state and 200,000 of them came to get in a red state like you are talking about .

We have 4 seasons and like a lot of states fun places to camp and sight see
Our home is 3 times more value that when we came in Nov 2012 ..Our state tax is .06 % ..And homes are going up like weeds..

, People are selling out in California and Oregon where the most come from and living in their travel trailers for months waiting for a house to out bid the other guy to get ,,or a new one built. This year we had many days over 100 degrees .. first year like that since we came ,,we hope for a good snow this year...

Our streets are overwhelmed with traffic and lots of fender bending going on.. the city has built quite a few round a bouts to move the traffic along ..

We still like it here and not moving .. being retired allows us to get on the streets when there are not so much traffic