View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 01:03 AM   #3
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: I have decided to go LS, and skip SBC this time around.

Is LS1 tech a good forum? I have seen them, but I need to line some ducks up before the build starts. Plus I have a good amount of time to get it done. So I am looking for deals, and normal pricing schedules Soni can recognize a deal.

I tow infrequently, and it is rarely farther then 80 miles. So I can live with the smaller engine easily. If it was a dually or burb I would build a 6.0 so it won't be stressed.

Personally I am a big cam in a smaller engine guy. I just like the way they are revvy. Not that a big engine couldn't do it. Just that power levels would get beyond my ability to drive faster. So I am keeping the build on-point so I can actually use it the way I want. I have had a 650hp/625tq 540 all aluminum BBC that was power from idle to 6500 rpm where I ran out of bravery. Fun on a 1/4 track. On the street it was terrifying. Both to drive, and at the pump. The engine was in a 68 Nova when I had it, and I DD for 3 weeks once. 50 miles a day to work, and back. When my real DD was t-boned while parked. So if I do up a stroker. It would be for a crew cab, suburban, or a 1/4 car. It is so easy to build big HP now people forget about the vehicles set up, intended purpose, and their talent. I have seen awesome 400hp cars turn to S with 500. Because the way it was intended to work no longer applied, and it took another $5000 to get it right again.

I never thought of a 110 lsa cam as choppy as I DD 106's for many years, and many cars. Since I wanted fuel injection as a primary item of the build. I need to keep it in mind so it is happy. Which is why I decided on LS vs LT1 350.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote