View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 03:13 AM   #5739
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So, is there a road trip in the future?

Let’s see if this gets replaced with a new one.

Sometimes, as @merlind100 Richard and @nickwheeler said to me yesterday, sometimes we are so close to the work we are doing, that we cannot see the progress ourselves.

Yesterday, even fitting the removable license plate mount to the front bumper became an issue, with me walking away in a huff because I could not get the second R-Clip inserted fully, so I went to make coffee and grab a pack of Pork Pies. Nick pushed it through later when the car was up on the jack and axle stands to fit the 3rd newly made brake line.

So plate in position.

While I played with the inner carpets etc, Nick made up a pair of braided stainless steel hoses.

One for the rear end that had failed, and another to replace the new rubber front hose I bought earlier on.

Now the whole lot are uniform.

After much pumping and checking, all four corners are bled and feel good. Plus they seem to work in static testing.

One litre of Dot 4 has made its way into the system, soon to be drained and replaced with fresh new DOT 4

Handbrake will get set too.

Nick,took a better photo of all the hoses together, but this will have to do, my eager, out of sync pic.

Back to the interior, trimming and making fiddly bits…..

Nick made a couple of Slim hexagonal nuts with a 10x1.25 thread, to use to make a locking nut for the gearstick, in order to lock it in place. Locktite later.

Also delivered by the Man from DelMonte was a vacuum fitting for the brake booster.

Nice job there too.

While Richard was here I carried on shaping and planning the carpet over the tunnel.

Cutting out the handbrake lever gaiter nd holding plate sized hole to allow lart one of the fit.

Next up, a folded back collar on the rear edge, glued in place, and the gearshift hole to be cut in.

Then it was back to a redesign and rethink on holding the carpet and gaiter in place around the gearshift.

YOU SEE………

THIS IS WHY THIS IS TAKING SO LONG.

CAR BUILDERS TANGO….. TWO STEPS FORWARD, THREE…….

More CAD and woodwork.

Bevelled back somewhat

Remove part of Donor from tunnel. And yes, it is needed.

Fits, bolt heads recessed.

Needs black paint. (Where is Nick 😂 )

Early finish.

Monday morning and back to work.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote