Thread: posting video
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 08:03 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: posting video

It's all good Mr. Doh (), and thanks for the info/tips. I had my B.I.L. e-mail the short clip since I could handle it from there.

I guess I'm part ignorant with this 'device' stuff and part funny about it... to those who except and use such things. I'm slow to except and feel spending time in the AM and PM at my laptop is as much involvement I care to have with this stuff. I finally got an Apple phone, I guess that's what it is. It's whatever my son uses. I might check this place out during the day when I have a lull, but don't care to post. I can wait till I get home. I have a thing about not wanting to have some device become the center of my life. I'm a natch'l bo'n man and prefer it that way. I do well with that and don't want my skills to degenerate. I'm not such a hardhead that I don't use the phone to search info I need to know. Might could wait till I get home, but I can give in and 'rely' on the mobile device at least that much. I also don't want to load it up with apps (even hate that word. Isn't it applications?) that run my battery down or wear it out prematurely. It's not replaceable. I need my battery to run my "phone" all day. It's still just a phone to me.

Also, here's the thing. I prefer to use other than Microsoft. I'm a go with the underdog/find the better lesser known type of guy. I don't like the whole big dog using their muscle thing. I am about freedom of enterprise. So, when I bought this laptop it came with Window10 and all Microsoft stuff. That means Bing for search and all, 100% Microsoft. When I go to install anything else it gets blocked because my computer is in Microsoft's 'S' mode. Some whole new BS they came up with that they scare you out of undoing and tell you once you leave you can't come back. F that! Bugs me to no end. I'll drop it, but don't know enough about this stuff to be sure I don't have a lapse in security protection. I always used Avast for security, which the USAF used at the time I learned about it, and feel McCafe is a virus in itself. I was using Firefox and Google for search. Now that I have a so-called smart phone I don't want to link to my 'puter till I get my 'puter set-up to my personal preferences, not with what I've been shoehorned into. By Microsoft. I keep getting bugged by them telling me I haven't completed setting it up. No, I haven't completed getting away from you!

Like I said, I'm kinda funny about things. Kind of like the American colonists vs England overlord thing. Maybe it's in my blood. I'm a son of the American Revolution!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote