View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 07:46 PM   #171
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys4life View Post
Man...........it appears that they all are the same from what you said. It is the sign of the times that we are living in. Body shop jail is way of the world now. All of the overspray on all of your hard detail work is such a bummer. I know how much time you took for the details.
yes sir,it's a pain.i did just have the paint rep guy i was waiting on,arrive a bit ago,he looked over the places i wasn't happy with,like the orange peel on the hood,the cowl piece that's a different shade than the rest of the truck,the messed up door jambs and bed,that i didn't want painted but he did anyway,he advised that to fix it and have it match,all the green from the upper moldings,up,should be resprayed,all around the truck along with bed and door jambs but there needs to be a bunch of time spent preparing the bed and door jambs in order that it look as nice as the paint on the truck,other than the hood and cowl.the original paint in the bed and door jambs was fine,if he had've followed instructions and left it alone?i have a guy,highly recommended coming thursday to see the truck,i spoke to him today.he said he can do it,in October???that won't do but i may not much choice.a real pain in the rear end.i will have to strip the nose off the truck to re-do everything under the hood but i'm not doing any of that til the paint is fixed.the guy who did it,said this was as good as it gets?sorry,that's not good enough.we'll see what Thursday brings?
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote