View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 05:50 PM   #175
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeezl View Post
Hey Greg,

Jeez that is just plain painful! Looks like the work to correct the overspray mess will be as big a job as the paint work for the body. You are way more diplomatic in describing that guy's lack of talent than I would have been that's for sure. If your area in NS is similar to mine in QC the shops who are the real deal are few and far between and booked a year plus in advance. On top of that even if you could get it in the invoice at the end would be enough to make you croak so I'm betting that you end up doing it yourself. Just keep saying to yourself "we will make this fun somehow" and you will be done before you figure out the somehow! You know you will have a big cheering section here so go for it!
Sean
hi Sean,thanks for the words of encouragement.this has been quite a disapointment to say the least.this truck is too good to look this bad.you're right,the good shops are few and far between,even the lousy ones are booked up months ahead of time.the Chevy dealer won't reply to my email,the Ford dealer guy at the body shop said they were 80 cars behind?it's all covids fault they say?i won't count my chickens before they hatch but i did just have a real painter leave here.he drove an hour from New Brunswick along with the paint rep guy,to have a look.he was shocked at what he was looking at.he's just left and he knows what i want and expect,said he'd go home and look at the work load and when he could do it and call me mid-week,so we'll see.he said he had a couple of big projects on the go that he thought might be winding down til winter,so as i say,not going to get my hopes up but we'll see what he says,mid week.better days are coming.take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote