View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 10:19 PM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Jack Instructions, Stow Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I have never seen a jack like that in a '67-'72 C10, 20, or 30. I wonder if it could be a decal from a C40, 50, or 60 I don't know if they even had a jack.

The 5th picture is how the tool bag spring should be mounted.

LockDoc
I suppose you mean the jack instructions in the first pic. Can't say for sure, I only got the truck in 1989, though I can't say why the original owner would change the decal.

Come to think of it, the jack I pulled from the truck seems to match the decal I was informed it was the wrong jack. Hmm. Both replaced or factory?, hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper42 View Post
1. your decal shows a 4 headlight GMC, and the jack certainly looks odd. Mine is the common one that's available as a reproduction.
2. your lower floor spring latch is mounted backwards, compared to mine in a 72 C/10
3. your upper spring latch is identical to mine, with proper placement.

this all suggests, if you have a Chevy, the manufacture put the incorrect lable, or your cab was replaced, maybe?
Seems the jack's bracket installs either way, my 72 is like yours. I found my 71 like what's pictured and it matches the assembly manual, pic. 5.

Cab wasn't replaced but interesting that decal and jack is for a GMC. Might the difference be my 71 SWB 2WD was ordered with leaf springs, which came stock on GMC? But then, why would the jack be different for leaf springs?

For what worth here's the jack I removed from the truck, which matches the decal instructions. Not saying it's original, but I learned long ago what must be doesn't always apply. Other than that, I can't find those instructions anywhere.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-26-2023 at 11:37 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote