View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 09:07 AM   #123
WilliamFd55

Re: His name is "George" 84' C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
They may not touch when air'd out but they'll be close. They also have the benefit of the front wheels being on the same centerline to help keep them from making contact w/stuff.

For reference, I moved my modular sway-bar rearward from the stock mounting point as it was the lowest point of the front end on a raised aftermarket x-member + C/O set-up. A funky entrance/exit angle or a large enough dip in the road @ the right speed/height might be an issue for the IC mounted farther forward. There is still a concern my sway bar could make contact in the right set of circumstances but it's now higher mounting point & construction material should add a small safety margin. A IC made of aluminum would not take an oops hit weil.

Again. talking oops/worst case. Hopefully you'll be fine.
I'm hoping as well. I try to think about everything before doing and have found that is just impossible. It's a great help to be on a site like this to get input like yours and really appreciate it. First time doing a build completely on my own and a turbo to boot. Its a blast and also nerve racking at the same time.
WilliamFd55 is offline   Reply With Quote