View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #15
NorCalAnthony

Re: 4l80E/NP205 (Yes, another one)

I thought I had read that the 4l80e's have two speed sensors and both are required to make it work properly? Both the 2wd and 4wd versions will have the input speed sensor at the front of the trans but the output speed sensors are in different spots which may be an issue for you. The 2wd version has the output speed sensor in the tail shaft of the trans but the 4wd version has the output speed sensor in the t-case tail shaft so that the speedo still reads correctly and the trans knows how to shift properly when you're in 4-low. Some of the aftermarket adapters you can get can be machined for a vss but if you're going to modify your existing adapter you may have to figure something else out like maybe the in-line VSS adapter for your mechanical speedo cable from jagsthatrun or Dakota Digital. I found this info researching how to swap my 5.3 and LS era 4l80e with the newer PCM for my project but I would assume it still applies to any computer controlled 4l80e... Might be something worth looking in to before you get too far in to your swap so it doesn't hold you up.
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote