View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #159
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Welcome back to the slowest build on earth! Well, not really, but it feels like it sometimes. I have been doing some things, but I haven't had much of a chance to post about any of it. Let's get caught up.

Shortly after I bolted up the LS adapter plates to the engine block, I reached out to board member MDPOTTER. I found that he did a build similar to mine with these same ICT plates. I was hoping he could tell me which holes I should install the new motor mounts in, to get the motor as far back as possible without getting into the firewall. I am really hoping to just get it right the first time. After a few measurements on both our ends, he was able to give his recommendation along with pics. Thanks MDPOTTER.

Now for the motor mount. After researching which was better to use, polyurethane or rubber, I decided on poly. This was due to the amount of torque this engine will have. So, I decided to go with Energy Suspension 3.1156G. I had the mounts and the hardware nickel plated and installed it all using nickel anti-seize. The motor mounts did not come with torque specs. I found that Detroit Speed makes an identical adapter plate and they offer torque specs for the motor mounts. So, I went with these. 25lb/ft for the two top bolts and 35lb/ft for the bottom bolts.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote