View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 01:02 PM   #6
6600DURAMAX

Re: Help with expansion tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglowacky View Post
looking at your hand drawn diagram. I don't know much about vintage air BUT you show a crossover pipe and a shut off valve that then results in the heater hose flowing thru your overflow tank. If you have it set up this way then i think you need a pressure tank. I think you can get rid of the tee and let it flow back into the engine. My set up doesn't have but a heater hose in and one out no shut off or tees. I think vintage air is doing this because they want the hot antifreeze not to run through the heater core while the ac is cooling. I am in the process of completing my ac system using original parts so I may end up doing what you did if the coolant is stopping me from getting cold a/c.
Wow - this got me thinking about my setup as well....... I have complete Vintage Air setup that I just completed install on. I probably didn't pay attention close enough but I did not see or run a tee in the two heater hoses but now that you point it out I am assuming that is what the valve is for - to close the flow of hot water into the Vintage Air unit in the cab? What happens when that valve closes ?

1971 CREWMAX Build.....at body shop for couple more years
6600DURAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote