View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 09:43 AM   #1
cwlroch

"Ol Kev" my 1972 C10

I apologize for the long post.

Here is my new to me 1972 C10 short fleetside. My uncle had this truck for 20 years and I have been pestering him about it for the past 17 years or so. When he bought it and it was in bare metal, so he had a cheap Maaco paint job thrown on it as well as putting a new grill, new repop bumpers, mirrors, vent windows and door weatherstripping. After doing that he parked it and there it sat for about 19 years of it's life under a lean-to at their farm. Everytime I went to visit I had to make a trip out to the lean-to to admire the poor truck deteriorating.

Well fast forward to last summer, my aunt and him decided they wanted to put the 5.3/4L60E out of my late grandmothers 2000 Silverado into my great grandmother's 1986 C10 short fleetside. He offered me a deal I could not pass up, he would buy all the necessary parts for the LS swap and in exchange for my labor he would give me the '72. I did not hesitate to say yes! That was my first LS swap but I did it in about 3 months and here we are now with my 72, which my wife and I decided call Ol Kev, named after my Uncle Kevin.

Included with the truck were a bunch of parts he had bought for it when he initially started building the truck, a lot of stuff from Outback Truck parts. One of them being something pretty "rare" well to me it always seemed rare, not sure how rare you all think they are but an instrument cluster with a factory tach.

He had also already lowered it with spindles and springs, I believe the kit is an ECE not sure on the drop maybe a 4/6 or 3/5. The drop has 0 miles on it so that's pretty nice to think about ha!

It has the typical rust in the cab corners and pans but nothing too terrible.

Here she was a few days before I picked it up, my uncle pulled it out and pressure washed it, the lean to in the back ground was her home for many many many years. We drug her home with my wife's 1986 C20 Suburban, it's a great tow rig!
Attached Images

cwlroch is offline   Reply With Quote